9.9.15

peak-a-boo...




I woke in the faint pre-dawn light to the chatter of Spangled Drongos and children breathing deeply... Sensing my moment was NOW - I carefully slipped from the bed and crept towards the kitchen; and for the first time in a long while, did so without waking either the aforementioned children or our much loved dog whom sleeps by the bed... 

This feat accomplished, I took a moment to raise the kitchen blind and blink into the first glint of the day - my most favourite time... The sky scrubbed clean and filled with the unblemished potential of the new day... 

To coffee! Brewing each cup atop my stove in my old Italian Espresso is a daily ritual and a daily joy... and today - with this unexpected [and certainly limited] time alone I took the chance to steal out to the garden barefoot and pyjama-clad to immerse myself in the newness of the day... 

and there it was - the thin whisp of cloud that took my breath away with its quiet temporal beauty, hovering around Djarragun with the poise and finesse of a lace collar; and rising perfectly through it, as if playing a game... the mountain's peak... 

The morning air was brisk and a fresh breeze was moving through from the valley, I was standing feet in wet grass and smiling wide... The scent of fresh brewing coffee bubbled through the kitchen window and filled the morning air... 

and it felt so good to be alive... 









RELATED POSTS

alcides zodiaca - welcoming winter...

sounds & sweet airs ...