12.12.12

spark* [Adenium obesum] ...











Everyone who enjoys thinks that the principal thing to the tree is the fruit, but in point of fact the principal thing to it is the seed. -- Herein lies the difference between them that create and them that enjoy.
[Friedrich Nietzsche]





*It's been more than a little while since I have been game to attempt taking a photograph with anything other than my iphone, but this freshly opened Adenium obesum [Desert Rose] pod simply screamed MACRO!!! So, with curious toddlers underfoot - each vying for the prestige of being the first to swing naked from my camera strap; I attempted to regain my ability to focus my lens... and my creative attention...! 

and speaking of creating... 

I had the pleasure of attending the opening of a sublime exhibition at KickArts in Cairns last Friday night.  Seed to Seed is now showing and features the work of Claudine Marzik and Tijn Meulendijks.  Thank you both for such striking, sensitive work, and congratulations to KickArts on turning twenty and for another great year of visual feasting - lots to hip hip hooray about!